6 TIPS TO HAVING A GREAT PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD


One thing for sure is that we can’t live life on our own. We need Jesus; to guide us, help us. In fact, we need Him for everything. He made the heaven and the earth, formed us out of His own image (Gen. 1:27). God is our maker, He leads us, knows what we need per time and the reason why He created us.

We need to have a personal relationship with Him; that one-on-one communication. Why did He create you? What is His will? What we should do and shouldn’t? and 1001 and more things to commune with Him about. We have to take strategic steps to develop a daily communication and strong connection with God.

Here are few ways to get closer to God, to hear from Him and live a Godly and purposeful life according to God’s will.

1. Meditate on a chapter/verse of the Bible daily

The bible says meditating on the Word of God every day will make us prosperous and be blessed (Josh 1:8, Psalm 1:1-3). In a world of so many voices, we need to build up our faith through God’s word and live for Him.

Listen to: You I live for by Min. Moses Bliss

2. Have a dedicated time to pray/have your quiet time

It is most advisable to schedule a time in the morning. Those that seek Him early shall find Him (Prov. 8:17). Have a notepad where you document all that you have heard from God or learnt through devotionals (I use Seed of Destiny by Dr. Paul Eneche and Open Heavens by Pst. Adeboye).

3. Consciously flee from every appearance of sin and Sins

The Bible says ‘FLEE’ from all appearance of evil (1 Thess. 5:22). Be conscious of all enabling environment or situations that can cause you to sin. It can be as minute as the movie you are watching or your thoughts!

4. Give thanks genuinely every time

God loves a genuine grateful heart. At every point in time, thank God from the bottom of your heart. If humans can do so much for someone that is grateful, how much more when we are being thankful to our Heavenly Father; God loves us so much. Forgo every bitterness and resentment and be thankful (Psalm 107:1).

5. Engage in fasting and praying at least once a week

The effectual prayer of the righteous avails much and those that wait upon the Lord, He shall renew their strength (Jam. 5:16, Isa. 40:31). Constantly engage on the altar of prayer and fasting.

Anytime, I don’t feel like praying/fasting, I constantly remind myself that another spirit is behind my lack of interest to pray, I then immediately get up to pray!

6. Constantly re-dedicate your life to Jesus/ask for forgiveness of sins

We sin even without us knowing sometimes. It is imperative to always re-dedicate our lives to Christ every single time. Ask God to forgive you and as He has told us; He is willing and able to forgive us all our sins if we confess them (1 Jh. 1:9).


Take the bold step today to follow Jesus; He loves you so much, much more you can ever think or imagine. He alone can give eternal life. Surrender your life to Him and you won’t regret doing so. Tomorrow might be too late. Ever wondered where people that die are? It’s either Heaven or Hell fire. Once a man dies, He either goes to Heaven or hell. Make the choice today so you can meet with Jesus at the end of life. God bless you as you do so, Amen.

Lord Jesus, forgive me my sins today. I repent of them and I connect with you for my salvation. Jesus, save my soul. I believe you died for me. On the third day you rose again that I may be justified. Right now, I believe my sins are now forgiven. I am justified by your blood. I am saved, I am restored back to the faith and I am now a child of God. Thank you Jesus for saving my soul. By your help I will serve you all the days of my life. Amen.

 

 

 

Comments

  1. Wow.. you are doing a great job here Bookie! #GODSEAGLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Glad you found this helpful

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why You Need to Examine Your Christianity ASAP🥹

Intercessory Prayers for Church Growth, Leadership & Multiplication of God's Disciples